Would you like to learn skills and techniques to help your clients:
- Address their conflicts in a more constructive manner
- Work through negative emotions to start making practical decisions
- Resolve their divorce without going bankrupt and/or traumatizing their children
This 18-hour divorce mediation training will be very hands-on (demonstrations, role-plays and Q & A) and focused on learning/practicing the strategies, approaches & specific interventions necessary to work with couples in conflict. By the end of this class you will have your own ‘toolbox’ to help couples, business partners, adult siblings, etc. resolve their conflicts. We will cover:
- Providing structure – creating a safe environment for clients
- De-positioning – helping clients let go of their positions
- Exploring Options – working from assumptions to agreements
- Containing Conflict – how to de-escalate tense situations
- Empowering Clients –helping clients make constructive decisions
Who: Therapists, Attorneys and Financial Professionals who would like to help their clients work through their conflicts.
When: 3 Sessions in April:
- 1st session – Saturday, April 2nd (9:00 – 3:45)
- 2nd session – Saturday, April 9nd (9:00 – 3:45)
- 3rd session – Friday, April 15th(8:00 – 2:45)
Where: Carson Community Center (adjacent to 405)
Cost: $495 – early registration by 2/25 ($595 starting 2/26)
Discounted down to $445 ($545 after 2/26) if more than 10 participants.
Forms & handouts for divorce mediation will be included in the cost.
Approved for 18 CEUs – MCLE approval is pending.
* This training will be technique focused and is not intended to comprehensively prepare participants to set up a mediation practice (additionall training and preparation would be required to establish a practice).
Contact us to register: Phone (310) 483-3373 or Email
About the Trainer:
Barry Davis is a divorce mediator with a successful practice in Manhattan Beach. He holds Masters Degrees in Clinical Psychology and Conflict Management, is an adjunct professor at Azusa Pacific University, facilitates a mediation group with Forrest Mosten & serves on the Torrance Family Court and Second Appellate District mediation panels.